LHAKPA RI – 7045M CLIMB – 23 DAYS
Lakpa Ri is located very close to Everest and North Col lies on the main route to the summit of Mt. Everest. Thus it provides great views. You would virtually follow the foot steps of George Mallory, who first set foot on the mountain in 1921 in his first Everest reconnaissance. From Lhakpa La Mallory saw the North Col and the upper East Rongbuk glacier that make a long sweep of the north ridge that leads the route from the North Col to the Summit. You have to ascend a steep snow and ice face to reach North Col. Actually it is a steep walk. All members are secured to a fixed rope. Sherpa climbers accompany you to the summit and back. After the summit of Lakpa Ri (7045 m) descend to the high base camp, and then to Rongbuk. The return journey travel back to Zangmu through same road.
Best time to visit for the climb is April and May. Overland journey in Tibet is best from early May to middle of October. The snow condition in the high passes in the Himalayan in winter, and rain in the monsoon (July to August) are deterent factors for the overland journey in Tibet. We suggest you to avoid travel in the first week of May due to long holiday (May-day).
Nepali climbing Sherpa is basically a high altitude staffs to accompany and assist members in their climbing. He is not a tour guide nor a mountain guide by definition. He is a professional high altitude assistant who has been in the mountain several times and does the job for his livelihood. He should be considered as assistant to help member to show the trail and help prepare camps and other logistics arrangement. His English is adequate to the extent of normal communication but not very proficient in English or other foreign language as such. He does what he is instructed to do in normal circumstances. It is best to establish rapport with him and the base camp staffs in the very beginning of the expedition. They value friendship as one of the most important element in their life.
Current Tibet visa/permit immigration procedure require minimum 2 nights in Kathmandu to process visa. You should allow at least 2/3 nights in Kathmandu before the trip and two night after depending upon the season you plan to travel.
COST- Private Trip
US$ 13500 Per Person
- Climbing Expedition permits & Tibet travel permits as necessary
- Chinese visa for members and local staffs
- KTM to Kerung border and return transportation
- 04 nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed and breakfast basis
- Chinese custom clearances
- Jeep to and from Base camp
- Hotel accommodation en route (Kerung– BC – Kerung) on full board basis
- Yak BC-ABC-BC to carry the loads (personal baggage 40kg allowed)
- Liaison officer & Chinese interpreter
- One head Expedition Sherpa Sardar/Guide
- Cooks and kitchen boys
- All necessary camping and kitchen gears.
- Private Single Tent at base camp & ABC with mattress, (sharing available)
- Store tent & communication tent at the base camp
- Best Quality dinning tent with heater, Toilet & Shower tents
- All meals & drinks at base camp and High Camps
- High quality high Altitude tents
- Climbing hardware gears including fixed rope and snow bars
- Walkie-talkie set with radio base
- Satellite phone for communication purpose in emergency ( personal use will charge)
- Solar panel or generator at base camp/ABC for power supply
- All airport transport transfers
- Nepal entry & re - entry visa fee
- Personal climbing gears
- Medical and personal insurance (suggested having the Evacuation policy).
- Cost of emergency evacuation
- Oxygen for climbing
- Support Climbing Sherpa
- Major meals in Kathmandu
- Tips & Summit bonus.
Bhote Chaur Nature Camping – 2 days
Eastern rim of Kathmandu valley provides easy and a quick escape to the mountain
Pikey Lower Solukhumbu Trek – 8 days
This region is totally raw and fascinating. Unlike in the regular trail which is
13,500Per Person QUICK INQUERY
- Grade : Hard
- Max Altitude : 7045 m
- Best Time : Spring (March-May) Autumn (Oct-Nov)
- Mode of Trip : Lodge, Camp
- Trip Days : 23